Varilux Patient Survey Sweepstakes
1. Eligibility. No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. The Varilux Patient Survey (“Survey”) Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of time of entry during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on April 16, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on June 30, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://essilorcorexm.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6xLwsVTTYDd4GJE (the “Survey and Sweepstakes Site”). At the end of the Survey, you will be asked to enter your full name, date of birth, and email address. This information will be used in conjunction with the Survey and to facilitate your entry into the Sweepstakes should you elect to enter it. Upon completion of the Survey enrollment screen(s), you must indicate whether or not you agree to be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes and agree to these Official Rules (an “Automatic Entry”). To enter the Sweepstakes without completing the Survey (an “Alternate Entry”), write your full name, date of birth, phone number and email address along with the statement “I accept the Varilux Patient Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules” on an 3”x5” index card and mail it to Essilor of America, ATTN: Varilux Product Team, Varilux Patient Survey Sweepstakes Alternate Entry, 13555 N. Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75234. Alternate Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2021 and received by July 15,2021. Limit one Alternate Entry per eligible person/email address. Automatic Entries and Alternate Entries may be referred to collectively as “Entries.” Entries and any other correspondence with participants become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected or postage due Entries or other correspondence with participants, and such Entries may be disqualified. Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method are ineligible and will be disqualified.
4. Winner Selection and Notification. Sponsor or its agent will conduct a random drawing on or about July 16, 2021. The pool of Entries will include all Automatic Entries received between 12:00:01 a.m. on April 16, 2021 and 11:59:59 p.m. CT on June 30, 2021 and Alternate Entries postmarked and received between June 30, 2021 and close of business on July 15, 2021. There will be six (6) randomly selected potential winners selected from among all eligible Entries received (“Potential Winner”). Potential Winner(s) will be notified by email at the email address provided at the time of Entry. Upon verification of eligibility, Potential Winner will be deemed a “Winning Consumer.” Odds of being selected as a Potential Winner in a drawing depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
The Winning Consumer will be mailed a prize to the mailing address provided in the Winning Consumer’s Entry. If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, if a notification email is undeliverable, if a Prize (defined in section 5 below) is returned as undeliverable, the Entrant may be disqualified resulting in forfeiture of the Prize. Potential Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason prior to distribution of a Prize, Sponsor will select an alternate Potential Winner at random from remaining eligible Entries received. Alternate Potential Winners are subject to all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor will make only three (3) attempts to award a Prize to an alternate Potential Winner and if a prize remains unclaimed or an eligible alternate is not secured, that Prize will not be awarded. Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All federal, state, municipal and local taxes relating to a Prizes awarded are the sole responsibility of Winning Consumer. Limit one Prize per person/e-mail address.
5. Prize Details. The prize pool consists of 6 Amazon e-gift cards with only one winning consumer per ECP location. Prize(s) has/have an average face value of $100 and are non-transferable and may not be substituted or redeemed/exchanged for cash through Sponsor, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
6. General. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. All expenses on receipt and use of a Prize are the responsibility of the person accepting the Prize. By entering Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, entrants and winners (collectively “Participants”) agree to indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agencies, and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, costs, expenses, damages, rights, claims, actions, and losses (collectively “Losses”) of any kind incurred in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation for or from (a) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, and/or (b) claims relating to rights of publicity, rights of privacy or defamation. The Released Parties are not responsible for (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, misdirected, illegible, or garbled Entries or Prizes; (b) interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections: (c) any other technical failures or difficulties; (d) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes or awarding of Prizes, any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; and/or (f) injury or damage to any participant's or to any other person's computer or network related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or use of the Survey and Sweepstakes Site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SURVEY AND SWEEPSTAKES SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES, IF APPLICABLE). By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the results and decisions of Sponsor are final in all respects. By accepting a Prize, Winning Consumers grant to Sponsor and its advertising and Sweepstakes agencies the right to use his/her/their name, likeness, hometown, quote(s), and biographical information, for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and Sweepstakes), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the entire Sweepstakes or modify the Sweepstakes for any reason, including if fraud destroys the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select the winners in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law. Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of Texas; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to the conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
9. Winner’s List. For the name of the winner, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Essilor of America, ATTN: Varilux Product Team, Varilux Patient Survey Sweepstakes Winner’s List Request, 13555 N. Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75234 by July 30, 2021.
10. Sponsor. Essilor of America, Inc., 13555 N Stemmons Freeway Dallas, TX 75234.