Essilors New And Improved Crizal AvancÌ© Lenses With Scotchgard Protector Now Available
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (February 6, 2009) – Essilor of America, Inc., the nation’s leading manufacturer of optical lenses, recently announced the launch of the new and improved Crizal® AvancéTM lenses with ScotchgardTM Protector, the fastest-selling and most advanced anti-reflective (AR) lens available on the market. This enhanced lens line remains the most sophisticated for resisting scratches, repelling smudge and dust and virtually eliminating glare.
And there is more exciting news: VSP® has created a new category for AR lenses! ECPs can order new and improved Crizal Avancé lenses with Scotchgard Protector using the same drop down menu process as with other AR lens categories, making it easier than ever for all patients to have lasting clarity of vision.
“By adding this new category for AR lenses, VSP has simplified the order process for Crizal Avancé with Scotchgard Protector,” said Carl Bracy, vice president of marketing for Essilor of America. “Now it’s even easier for ECPs to dispense the leading AR on the market to all of their patients.”
The technology of new and improved Crizal Avancé lenses with Scotchgard Protector delivers:
- The highest level of scratch resistance of any AR lenses available. These lenses are twice as scratch resistant as Crizal Alizé lenses.
- The easiest to clean AR lenses on the market that stay cleaner longer than any other AR lenses.
- The easiest to clean lenses even after 20,000 cleanings, defending the integrity of the AR efficiency and protecting the lenses from scratches that can result from regular cleanings.
- Lenses that combine anti-static technology and the improved protective performance of Scotchgard™ Protector to repel dust, dirt, fingerprints, oil and grease better than ever.
- The Pad Control System™, which allows for adhesion of the leap pads, offering the highest precision when edging these super-hydrophobic lenses.
Beginning February 10, 2009, new and improved Crizal Avancé lenses with Scotchgard Protector will be available to ECPs and their patients.
For more information on the new and improved Crizal Avancé lenses with Scotchgard Protector, contact your Crizal representative or visit www.CrizalPro.com. For information on the new category for AR lenses, visit www.Eyefinity.com.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than
8,500 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Thin&Lite®, DEFINITY™ and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Essilor, Varilux, and Crizal are registered trademarks and DEFINITY is a trademark of Essilor International. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark and Crizal Alize with Clear Guard is a trademark of Essilor of America, Inc. Scotchgard is a trademark of 3M. Used under license. All other trademarks and registrations are property of their respective owners.