Essilor Unveils Breakthrough Visioffice Measurement Technology
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (Oct. 7, 2010) – Essilor of America, Inc., the nation’s leading manufacturer of optical lenses, introduces the Visioffice® system, a patented, state-of-the-art measuring device that provides eyecare professionals (ECPs) with a fast, accurate way to measure patient fitting parameters critical to the next generation of lenses. The Visioffice device takes all standard eye measurements and exclusive Essilor measurements, including behavior measurements for Varilux® Ipseo® lenses, as well as eye rotations center and natural head posture measurements for eyecode™ lenses.
“Visioffice is an all-in-one system to take patients through the entire sales process, from frame selection to measurement to sales support,” said Carl Bracy, vice president of marketing for Essilor of America. “Patients can see the features and benefits of premium designs, materials and lens treatments through interactive videos available on the Visioffice system.”
Visioffice offers patients the following key benefits:
• Access to the most individualized lens solutions through accurate measurements and patient information
• Increased purchase confidence from personalized education modules that highlight benefits of products and technology
• Service from a knowledgeable, empowered practice staff
The Visioffice system is extremely easy to use and is the fastest and most accurate measurement instrument on the market today. It is the only measuring device in the ECP office that captures the patient’s real eye rotation center (ERC) measurement, the new reference for pupillary distance and fitting height measurements. The Visioffice system is comprehensive and offers a single device to measure all parameters required for every lens available on the market.
The Visioffice system offers eyecare professionals the following practice benefits:
• A quick, easy to use universal measuring device for all products, single vision to PAL
• Highly accurate patient measurements including measurements for the exclusive eyecode products
• Support in increasing sales of premium products with interactive patient demos, product sales support and lifestyle questionnaire
• Exclusive products that build profit and patient satisfaction, such as eyecode lenses
• Higher capture rate, patient referral and retention
• Empowers staff with easy to use education and sales support tools
For more information about the Visioffice measuring system, contact your Varilux sales representative. And for updates on the Visioffice system, bookmark http://mobile.essilorusa.com on any smartphone browser.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses,
Essilor employs more than 9,000 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Thin&Lite®, Xperio® and DEFINITY® and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Essilor, Varilux, Crizal, DEFINITY, Varilux Ipseo, Xperio and Visioffice are registered trademarks and eyecode is a trademark of Essilor International. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark of Essilor of America, Inc.
13555 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75234