Essilor Offers Eye Care Professionals New Sales Tools
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (November 9, 2006) – As Varilux Physio 360º ™ and Varilux® Physio™ grow in the industry, Essilor of America, Inc. is continuing to provide support to eye care professionals (ECPs) by offering new sales tools. With tools such as counter cubes, postcards and consumer ads, ECPs are able to explain and share the benefits of Varilux Physio 360º and Varilux Physio with their patients. This is one way that Essilor is committed to helping ECPs build their practices and expand their businesses.
“We have developed these tools to make advanced products and technologies, such as Varilux Physio 360º, Varilux Physio and W.A.V.E. Technology™, easier for ECPs to explain to patients. At Essilor, we believe that it is vital to provide ECPs with the tools to help them provide the best care to patients, as well as grow their practices,” said Mike Daley, president of Essilor Lenses. “As the marketplace adopts new products, Essilor will continue to offer ECPs the proper tools to educate themselves and their patients.”
These tools provide ECPs with a number of new opportunities to present Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio to patients. The new tools include:
• Postcards – Postcards have been created for ECPs to send to patients announcing Varilux Physio as “the sharpest progressive lens in history.”
• Consumer Print Ads – Three consumer print ads have been developed and are available to ECPs through the Essilor Edge™ program.
• Window Clings – Window clings are available for ECPs to display, denoting offices as authorized Varilux and Crizal® distributors.
• Counter Cubes – New counter cubes help dispensers explain the technology behind Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio to patients. The cube is designed specifically to help dispensers talk about the benefits of Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio with patients who are wearing Varilux Comfort®, Varilux® Panamic® and other standard progressive lenses, as well as first time wearers.
• Counter Card – Similar to the counter cube, the counter card reminds dispensers to talk about Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio with patients, introduces the product to the patients at the point of purchase, and prompts questions from patients that will help dispensers talk about the lenses and technology.
• Poster – The new Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio poster is designed to be placed in a prominent location where the patient will be introduced to the product before the ECP discusses it.
• Brochure & Brochure Holder – Essilor will continue to supply ECPs with the Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio patient brochure and brochure holder.
In January of 2006, Essilor launched Varilux Physio 360° and Varilux Physio as the first lenses to deliver the corrective power of W.A.V.E. Technology™: Wavefront Advanced Vision Enhancement to presbyopes seeking the sharpest, most natural vision. Through W.A.V.E. Technology, Essilor has adapted the wavefront technology used in laser surgery to correct vision by detecting and even eliminating surface distortions found in other progressive lenses. For the first time, Varilux engineers can analyze the entire beam of light entering the pupil – not just a single ray – and identify distortion and compensate for it, which controls the quality of the wavefront passing through the lens to achieve optimal acuity. W.A.V.E. Technology uses patented, proprietary software in both lens designs to scan the entire surface of the lens, calculating the targeted optical function for each gaze direction.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs over 6,100 people in more than 100 facilities throughout the 50 states. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Thin&Lite®, DEFINITY™ and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Varilux, Varilux Comfort, Panamic, Crizal are registered trademarks and Physio, Varilux Physio 360º and DEFINITY are trademarks of Essilor International, S.A. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark and W.A.V.E. Technology is a trademark of Essilor of America, Inc.