Essilor Of America Receives Good Housekeeping Seal
By Essilor News
DALLAS – June 5, 2013 – Essilor of America, the nation’s leading manufacturer of optical lenses, is proud to announce today that it has earned the Good Housekeeping Seal for select products in its line of Crizal No-Glare lenses. After evaluation by The Good Housekeeping Research Institute, the Seal was received for Crizal No-Glare lenses– adding several of Essilor’s innovative offerings to the roster of some of America’s favorite brands that have received the prestigious Seal.
“Essilor strongly believes in the importance of delivering innovative products that lead the industry in quality and consumer expectations,” said Theresa Agnew, senior vice president of marketing, Essilor of America. “The Good Housekeeping Seal recognizes the long term commitment we have to providing consumers with the best, high quality eyeglass lenses available.”
Crizal No-Glare lenses provide the clearest vision possible by fighting the five enemies of clear vision—glare, scratches, smudges, dust and water, and provide 25 times more UV protection against the damaging rays of the sun with an Eye-Sun Protection Factor (E-SPF®) of 251.
The following Crizal lenses have been granted the Good Housekeeping Seal:
- Crizal Easy UV™ lenses – providing reliable scratch protection, easy to clean No-Glare protection, and the most complete daily UV protection with an E-SPF of 25.
- Crizal Avancé UV™ lenses – providing all the benefits of Crizal Alizé UV lenses as well as long-lasting scratch resistance and dust repellence.
- Crizal Alizé UV™ lenses – providing all the benefits of Crizal Easy UV lenses as well as superior protection against smudges, oil and water.
- Crizal Sapphire UV™ lenses – providing all the benefits of Crizal Avancé UV lenses as well as the best protection against glare and reflections.
- Crizal SunShield Mirrors UV™, lenses – providing all the benefits of Crizal SunShield UV lenses as well as a front-side mirror reflection coating.
- Crizal SunShield UV™ lenses - providing sun lenses with scratch-resistance, smudge-resistance, and glare elimination, along with maximum UV protection with an E-SPF of 50+.
About Crizal Lenses
Crizal No-Glare lenses are the market leader of No-Glare (Anti-Reflective) ophthalmic lenses, with over 300 million Crizal lenses sold, and are worn and trusted by over 150 million people worldwide.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than 9,000 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Xperio®, Definity®, Thin&Lite® and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eyecare professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
1. E-SPF of 25 means the wearer is 25 times more protected than without any lens. E-SPF of 25 when Crizal is made with any lens material other than clear 1.5 plastic. E-SPF is a global index developed by Essilor, endorsed by independent third parties, measuring the lens’ UV protection excluding direct eye exposure from around the lens.