Essilor Of America News Brief
By Essilor News
April 15, 2016
Essilor Transitions XTRActive Lenses Expands Options for Progressive Lens Wearers
Beginning on April 19, Transitions® XTRActive® Gray 1.67 lenses will be offered in Varilux® Physio® W3+ and Varilux® Comfort® W2+ designs and Transitions XTRActive Gray 1.50 plastic lenses will be available in Varilux Physio W3+ designs. Transitions photochromic lenses – and in particular, Transitions XTRActive lenses – offer the ideal overall visual experience, regardless of lighting conditions, while providing protection against Harmful Blue Light in any condition.
For more information, visit www.transitions.com.
Essilor Awards Fifteen Varilux Student Grant Recipients
Fifteen optometry students were awarded $1,000 each in grant money from Varilux as part of the Varilux® Student Grant Awards. The judging criteria was based upon the applicant’s dispensing skills, application of Varilux lenses to meet patient needs, analysis of the case(s) and of the lens design and lens performance.
Sarah Kuipers of Indiana University School of Optometry took home the top honor this year, with a case study titled, “Inside Out and Upside Down.”
In addition to the $1,000 grant from Varilux, Ms. Kuipers and her faculty advisor, Ms. Virginia Long, will receive $2,500 each in a travel grant to support attendance for Optometry’s Meeting® this June in Boston.
Other 2016 grant recipients included:
· Shannon Koenders, Rosenberg School of Optometry, Austin, TX
· Sandhya Ramsook, SUNY College of Optometry, New York, NY
· David Folman, New England College of Optometry, Boston, MA
· Sarah Blackwelder, SCCO at Marshall B. Ketchum University, Fullerton, CA
· Breanne McGhee, Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR
· Rina Seth, Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, IL
· Logan Oliver, Southern College of Optometry, Memphis TN
· Elizabeth Brubaker, Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus, OH
· Carolyn Perugino, Universite de Montreal Ecole d'optometrie, Montréal, Canada
· Farheen Zaheer, University of Houston, College of Optometry, Houston, TX
· Alise Gentry, UC Berkeley School of Optometry, Berkeley, CA
· Heather Chin, University of Waterloo School of Optometry, Waterloo, Canada
· Adam Tayman, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA
· Nancy Molinar, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
Vision Expo East Marks the Last Chance to Enroll in Essilor's National Rebate Promotion
Back for the third year and bigger than ever, the Power of Vision promotion allows patients to receive an up to $90 rebate by mail when they purchase select Essilor brands at no cost to the eyecare professional. The Power of Vision will begin on April 1st and end September 30, 2016.
For more information, visit www.PowerOfVision.com.
Media Contact Information
Essilor of America