Essilor Launches Transitions Vi Lenses To Eyecare Professionals
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (January 7, 2008) – Today Essilor of America, Inc. introduces their launch of Transitions® VI lenses across several major brands, including Varilux®, Crizal®, DEFINITYTM, Airwear® and Thin&Lite® lenses. These lenses offer superior and advanced visual performance and this exciting new generation of lenses will provide the most sophisticated photochromic technology in today’s marketplace across the greatest range of all major lens materials and designs.
"Essilor is pleased to partner with the leading provider of photocromic lenses to offer ECPs and their patients a collection of exceptional products that provide the ultimate in visual performance," said Carl Bracy, vice president of marketing for Essilor of America. "Through innovative and market-leading technologies, the brands that ECPs know and trust are now available in the most advanced photochromic lens to help better preserve the eye health of patients."
Beginning February 1, 2008, Essilor is proud to offer ECPs and patients the following family of Transitions VI products:
• Varilux and Transitions VI: Varilux and Transitions VI lenses ensure patients experience the most advanced visual performance available today through the number one prescribed progressive lens and recommended photocromic lens worldwide. With Varilux and Transitions VI lenses, ECPs can feel confident that their patients receive the latest in technology and innovation.
• Crizal and Transitions VI: Crizal and Transitions VI lenses are the definitive solution for total light control and offers patients enduring clarity for every light situation. Transitions VI lenses are as clear as a regular clear lens indoors, while Crizal allows more light to reach the eye, providing patients clear vision without annoying glare. The combined benefits of Crizal and Transitions VI lenses ensures that patients’ lenses will now work hard both indoors and outdoors.
• DEFINITY and Transitions VI: DEFINITY and Transitions VI lenses are the ultimate choice for the active presbyope and provides patients with the benefits needed to experience the most out of life – on the golf course, at the gym or strolling in the park. Transitions VI lenses offer 100 percent UVA/UVB blockage and get darker faster with improved performance in warmer weather and with the benefits delivered by DEFINITY lenses including Ground View AdvantageTM (resulting in a fourth viewing zone) and DUAL ADD® Technology, patients get lenses ideal for their active lifestyles.
• Airwear and Transitions VI: Ideal for active individuals who place greater demands on their eyeglasses, Airwear and Transitions VI lenses give patients exceptional safety and healthy sight through a lightweight, impact-resistant lens that blocks ultraviolet rays while withstanding abuse and scratches. Airwear and Transitions VI lenses are recommended for children – especially due to the UV light protection and safety and durability for play.
• Thin&Lite and Transitions VI: Thin&Lite and Transitions VI lenses enhance wearer comfort by combining the thinnest and flattest lens with the fastest and darkest material available. Thin&Lite lenses are up to 50 percent thinner and 40 percent lighter than plastic lenses; and combined with Transitions VI lenses, patients benefit from a product with supreme visual performance. Thin&Lite and Transitions VI lenses are available in the widest choice of high-index designs.
The Transitions VI Essilor launch will be supported by an extensive marketing campaign to promote the new, advanced technology, enhanced everyday visual quality and eyecare health protection benefits of Transitions VI lenses with the most trusted Essilor brands. The campaign will feature the tagline, "Advanced visual performance is an event worth seeing," and will be directed to eyecare professionals and consumers throughout 2008.
For more information on Transitions VI lenses, contact your Essilor representative or visit www.essilorusa.com.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti-reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than
8,500 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Thin&Lite®, DEFINITY™ and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Essilor, Varilux, Crizal, Dual Add, and Airwear are registered trademarks and DEFINITY, Ground View Advantage are trademarks of Essilor International. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark of Essilor of America, Inc. Transitions is a registered trademark of Transitions Optical, Inc.