ELOA Launches Three New Initiatives for 2006
By Essilor News
DALLAS – (March 31, 2006) – Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) announces three new initiatives for 2006: ELOA Practice Builder™, Stimuleye™ Basic Optics and iSite™. These programs provide eye care professionals (ECPs) with helpful tools to improve practice operations, and enhance customer service and patient care.
Essilor sales consultants are trained to be true business consultants for eye care professionals. Through a network of 86 laboratories across the U.S., exclusive product lines and industry leading programs, Essilor sales consultants deliver an unmatched level of support and success for new and existing eye care practices. These new initiatives bring differentiation, growth and a competitive edge to eye care practices.
ELOA Practice Builder
ELOA announced the launch of its new business initiative, ELOA Practice Builder at the Essilor National Sales Meeting in January. This program combines multiple incentives, staff training, and innovative business building tools to help practices’ maximize profitability and high-quality patient vision care.
“Practice Builder is designed for those who are serious about growing their practice and improving vision care and patient satisfaction,” said John Carrier, president of Essilor Laboratories of America. “Initiatives such as these build loyalty and motivation among the doctor or manager and their staff. It allows the office to set goals, develop areas for improvement and measure success.”
The program is combined of three basic elements:
• Strategic planning sessions – Meetings held with the ELOA sales consultant and ECPs/managers to align and better understand the practices’ business goals and challenges.
• Incentive programs – Recognizing staff members who are focused on the targets and helping the practice reach its goals.
• Tracking results and ongoing training – Monthly reporting and improvement over baseline and quarterly averages are supplied to practices via e-mail, fax or on-line at www.eloapracticebuilder.com.
Stimuleye Basic Optics
In May 2006, ELOA will introduce Stimuleye Basic Optics, a new online staff development program, created to give dispensers the knowledge they need to work confidently with patients and increase their comfort level with products.
“With the Stimuleye Basic Optics program, opticians learn to link information from beginning to end and see the logic behind dispensing certain products,” said John Carrier, president of Essilor Laboratories of America. “The goal is to teach dispensers not only what lens would be most beneficial to the patient, but also the reasoning behind the choice.”
The course comes with a training kit which includes a set of lenses and images of equipment to aid in learning and familiarity of products. ELOA is pursuing continuing education credits for this training. Stimuleye Basic Optics includes five courses:
• Eye Function and Ophthalmic Solutions – a basic course on how the eye works, types of vision corrections and lens options
• Interpreting the Rx for Optimal Vision – training on how to read and interpret prescriptions
• Physiological Considerations for Progressive Lenses – training on all types of progressive addition lenses (PALs), when PALs are appropriate, fitting PALs and incorporating patients’ lifestyles to select the right lens
• Benefits of AR Lenses – overview of types of anti-reflective (AR) coatings
• Dispensing for Success – a course on selecting and pre-adjusting frames, taking measurements, correctly ordering lenses and setting expectations
Also launching in 2006 is iSite, a personalized Web site offered by ELOA to help customers streamline daily activities within their lab businesses. These online services are voluntary and accessed through a secure site. Available to all ELOA customers, the key features include:
• Ordering and Tracking
• Rx Analysis
• Message Board
• Account History
• Knowledge Base
iSite is currently being tested and will become available to a larger number of labs in dedicated regions on April 24, 2006. The program also is expected to launch nationally in the summer of 2006.
Essilor is the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States and is the market leader in progressive, high-index and anti reflective coated lenses. A pioneer in the development and production of ophthalmic lenses, Essilor employs more than 8,500 people throughout North America. Essilor manufactures optical lenses under the Varilux®, Crizal®, Thin&Lite®, DEFINITY™ and other Essilor brand names. Essilor Laboratories of America (ELOA) is the largest, and most trusted, optical lab network in the U.S. and offers a wide choice of services and lens brands, including Essilor premium lenses, to eye care professionals across the nation. Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor) is a subsidiary of Paris-based Essilor International, S.A., a publicly held company traded on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (Reuters: ESSI.PA).
# # #
Varilux and Crizal are registered trademarks and DEFINITY is a trademark of Essilor International, S.A. Thin&Lite is a registered trademark of Essilor of America, Inc. Stimuleye, iSite and ELOA Practice Builder are trademarks of Essilor Laboratories of America, Inc.
13515 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75234